Monday, May 16, 2011

Homemade Cabbage Soup

First blog! Today I woke up with a sore throat :( Whenever I feel sick, I always make soup. I have a tendency to look up a recipe online, get the basic idea, and then do my own thing. The soup turned out great, so here's my recipe. Hope you like it!

Ingredients:
1/2 head of cabbage
2 large russet potatoes
1/2 lb pound carrots
1 onion
1 can of diced tomatoes (I used italian style)
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 bay leaves
2 beef bouillon cubes
Seasonings: I used whatever was in my spice cabinet: white pepper. paprika, cayenne pepper, curry would be awesome...
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
Chop the onions, carrots, and potatoes.
In a big stock pot, saute the vegetables together in butter (everything but cabbage and can tomatoes)
Add the chopped cabbage (chopped into small sections)
Add the can of tomatoes (undrained)
Add the beef bouillon cubes (you could easily use chicken or vegetable stock)
Fill pot with water (10-12 cups).
Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to simmer.
Cook until veggies are soft (1- 2 hrs).

This soup was so easy and delicious! Just what I need to feel better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment